Cardiovascular Exercise Common benefits of doing scout treks such as backpacking, cycling, etc.
Benefits of Practicing Duty to God: -
2018 Harvard Study has shown that youths who regularly attend religious services, pray or meditate may get a well-being boost that sticks around into young adulthood. The study, by VanderWeele and Harvard research scientist Ying Chen, is published in the American Journal of Epidemiology.
Among the findings, youths who attended religious services at least weekly as children and adolescents were:
- About 18 percent more apt to report higher happiness between ages 23-30 than those who didn't
- 29 percent more likely to be volunteers
- 33 percent less likely to use illegal drugs
Those who prayed or meditated at least daily as kids were, as young adults:
- 16 percent more likely to report higher happiness
- 30 percent less likely to have sex at a young age
- 40 percent less likely to have a sexually transmitted disease
See Also: -
- Benefits of Scouting - ScoutWiki.org
- Read what one major university said about Scouting in an acceptance letter - Nov 2018
Every Youth Can Do His Best!
BSA/LDS Highlights at the 2017 National Jamboree - LDS News Article with complete rundown of gallery and exhibits and special visitors with visits to sub-camp sites where smaller LDS groups of Scouts gathered, having come from all across the country and other international areas.
VenturingFest 2018 - Summit Bechtel Reserve – “a Scouting experience unlike any other before”.
2019 World Scout Jamboree - July 22 - Aug 2, West Virginia