|Quick Tips for Great Life Adventures|
Social Science finds 21 major reasons to support the importance of Marriage
1. Marriage increases the likelihood that fathers have good relationships with their children.
2. Cohabitation is not the functional equivalent of marriage.
3. Growing up outside an intact marriage increase the likelihood that children will themselves divorce or become unwed parents.
4. Marriage is a virtually universal human institution.
5. Divorce and unmarried childbearing increase poverty for both children and mothers.
6. Married couples seem to build more wealth than singles or cohabiting couples.
7. Married men earn more money than do single men with similar education and job histories.
8. Parental divorce (or failure to marry) appears to increase children's risk of school failure.
9. Parental divorce reduces the likelihood that children will graduate from college and achieve high-status jobs.
10. Children who live with their own two married parents enjoy better physical health, on average, than do children in other family forms.
11. Parental marriage is associated with a sharply lower risk of infant mortality.
12. Marriage is associated with reduced rates of alcohol and substance abuse for both adults and teenage children.
13. Married people, especially married men, have longer life expentancies than do otherwise similar singles.
14. Marriage is associated with better health and lower rates of injury, illness, and disability for both men and women.
15. Children whose parents divorce have higher rates of psychological distress and mental illness.
16. Divorce appears significantly to increase the risk of suicide among both adults and their adolescent children.
17. Married mothers have lower rates of depression than do single or cohabiting mothers.
18. Boys raised in single-parent families are more likely to engage in delinquent and criminal behaviour
19. Marriage appears to reduce the risk that adults will be either perpetrators or victims of crime.
20. Married women appear to have a lower risk of experiencing domestic violence than do cohabiting or dating women.
21. A child who is not living with his or her own two married parents is at greater risk of child abuse.
Find fun and excitement on your next family vacation, weekend getaway or romantic datenite.
MainTour is your ticket to explore the real world! Explorer's Wanted!
Copyright 2005 - Family Vacation Adventure Guide by MainTour
Define Love -
Love is the sincere desire to nurture spiritual growth in either
yourself or someone else.
(R. Scott Peck- The Road Less Traveled)